Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Decking My Halls

We've been traveling and I got a very late start on Christmas decorations, I'm still decorating as we speak.  Truth be told it's been a daunting task this year with the house renovation and chasing after a one year old.  But Christmas is my favorite holiday and it's Milan's first christmas at home so I really wanted to make it special.  My strategy this year was to choose to work on just a few big & bold projects.  Maximum impact with minimal work!  Here are a few of my favorite decorations this year...



Sailor Knots

I wanted to create something a little different from the typical bow.  I tied a loose Carrick Bend knot on my door wreaths this year.  I think it's a fresh new way to interpret the Christmas in the Tropics theme without the seashells and starfish.
High Flying Ornaments


I can't tell you how many times my friends have told me that I couldn't put out my good ornaments or special holiday decorations with a curious little toddler in the house.  What's the sense of having it if you can't use, no?  Although I'll admit they didn't make the Christmas tree this year, they found new homes.    


The pendants over my kitchen island got a fun holiday art installation made from precious hand-blown glass icicles and a few shatterproof Martha Stewart ornaments leftover from the tree.
The Dinning Room fixture got a similar treatment with glass ornaments and a few trinkets & starfish for depth.
I also used these apothecary jars and filled them with special ornaments and placed then up high.
Merry christmas to all,
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment