Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Moving on UP

Or should I say DOWN. The "organized mess" you see is my new 300 square foot design studio. Over the weekend I relocated my home studio downstairs. Since our home acts as my primary canvas and is my constant muse for projects and designs, the whole live-and-work space concept is ideal for me.
My old studio had great natural light and was conveniently located in a back room upstairs, but was bursting at the seams with sewing machines, fabrics, sketches and more. It was time for a bigger space. Luckily our tenant recently moved, making it the perfect opportunity to take it over. My supportive husband generously volunteered to do the entire move himself, scoring major brownie points. Thanks Honey! Although it'll take some time to make it my own, I should be organized and up and running in a couple of weeks. I can't wait!

With the new space comes more opportunity for bigger projects and new business. In addition to my home furnishing and textile line (which has been on hiatus for a season), sewing seminars are in the works for the new studio. If you're on St. John or St. Thomas and are interested in learning to sew, keep an eye out in the coming months for the first seminar or send me an email for more information.

As for my old studio, it will be repurposed and converted into Milan's playroom. More on that later...

CC

No comments:

Post a Comment