Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hello Again!

Wow, I didn’t realize how long it had been since my last post! I’ve been wanting to start blogging again for quite a while now, but I’d developed a case of writer’s block. What to write about and how to get started again after such a long break eluded me. So let’s just catch up and get reacquainted, ok?

Quite a bit has happen on St. John during my hiatus...we had a hurricane, a few floods, a solid tourist season and oh yes, I undertook a home renovation and had a baby. My husband and I welcomed our baby girl, Milan, on Nov. 26, 2010. Here we are all dressed up in our "Easter Best" for the Westin St. John's Annual Easter Egg Hunt.


The moment we found out we were expecting we decided to make changes and renovate our home to accommodate baby Milan. Some of it has been fun, like designing custom bedding for her crib out of a set of twin sheets and turning an antique armoire into the ultimate baby wardrobe. And some of it has been challenging, like fitting an outdoor shower, pool, and entertaining space onto an 800 square foot “baby safe” deck. All in all it's been quite an adjustemt for all of us, but Milan is almost 6 months now and getting the hang of it. Here she is already hard at work helping me draft a pattern. It's never too soon start you know. It's
difficult to find supplies on island so I use anything I can get my hands on to create patterns, including kraft paper, gift wrap, and newspaper.
I have loads of new Caribbean Chic ideas and projects to share in the coming weeks and months. I can't wait!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment