Wednesday, February 24, 2010

All the Leaves are Brown

Well not quite, there are more like a harvest yellow!
Here's a picture of the Turpentine (a.k.a. Gumbo Limbo) tree which sits prominently in the center of our deck. George and I designed the house around this one tree! Throughout the summer months its vibrant green leaves are a shady refuge from the afternoon heat, and provide an oasis for the bananaquit and hummingbirds that frequent our bird feeders. During the winter months, when the weather turns a brisk 75-85 degrees, its leaves become a vibrant golden yellow reminiscent of ripen starfruit.
This color has inspired a golden yellow shade for my handprinted fabric. Here's a swatch of my new color. I need some help naming it though, and would LOVE SUGGESTION. If you are so inclined, please email me or leave a comment with your ideas. Thanks in advance for your help!
I will be in the print studio all of next week printing yards and yards of fabric. I can't wait! As a result you may not hear much about island living next week, but I promise to return as soon as possible with sneak previews of the new patterns!
BTW, you might have noticed the new badge on the blog. Caribbean Chic Living is now a proud member of the Friends of Martha Stewart Blog Network. Check out the link and some of the other great blogs in the network!
Warm Wishes,
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment